How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day! We celebrated all weekend. We started on Saturday by driving down to Covington to visit my grandparents with my parents. It was so nice to see my grandmother again! Here are the ladies of the family:My mom & grandmother are two of the most special people in the world to me. They are just so much fun to be around. I hope I'm half the mother my mom was. She was always there for me and listened to me. She made me feel so incredibly loved and I hope I do as good a job with Jamie as she did with me! She is a beautiful person, inside and out and I love her bunches! We have always had such fun times together and now it's fun to bring Jamie along for the fun!
And my GORGEOUS grandmomma! Can you believe she will be 79 this October? She is the sweetest most wonderful lady that has ever graced the planet. If you look up wonderful in the dictionary, you should see a picture of her! She has taught me so much about generosity and unconditional love. She is an awesome Mother, Grandmother & Great-Grandmother to her girls! Today, we celebrated with Daryl's mother and his brother's family. We had a yummy meal at Red Lobster and then went for a nice walk. We always have a great time together! Here is my mother-in-law and Daryl's Brother. Gloria is a God-send. She helps me so much with Jamie and is just plain fun to be around! Her life story is so intriguing, growing up in England during the World War, then becoming a nurse, then moving to Italy to be a governess for the shoe designer Ferragamo's family and finally moving to America to raise her family with Bill. She has experienced so much and knows so much about children that she is a constant source of answers to my new mom questions. Here is my sis-in-law Deeshia. She is a GREAT mother to our nephews and an awesome Aunt to Jamie. She loves Jamie to death and Jamie loves her too. Every time Jamie sees her she just smiles SOOO big! Deeshia and I have a great time together. It is nice only living a few houses away from each other so we can hang out whenever we want!!! And here is my sunshine and reason for celebrating Mother's Day! I remember last mother's day when she was just a little peanut in my belly. I couldn't wait for this day to come when I could hold her in my arms and be her mommy and not just her form of transportation and 24 hour buffet. She is the sweetest little thing and I can't imagine my life without her. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me, right behind her daddy. :-) She is a lucky little lady to have all of these amazing women around her that love her and will help her grow into a beautiful lady. And I am so blessed to have my child loved by these women and to know that she is looked after with as much love and tenderness by them as she is by me.

4 comments:

MBKimmy said...

Happy Mother's Day, glad you had a wonderful one!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day Lori! I hope that you had a wonderful day. That is a fabulous picture of you and your little one!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post and a great tribute to all of the mother's in your life Lori! I hope you had a very special mother's day!

Nicole Roberts said...

This picture of him throwing her is hilarious! It almost looks super imposed. I'm impressed with this shot!