How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Belly Evolution: Week 23

Daryl bought Jamie the book "Oh, baby, the places you'll go" after the Dr. Seuss book. It is to be read in utero so that baby gets used to hearing the speech pattern and then enjoys it once she is born. So now our new routine is for Daryl to read to Jamie at night before we go to bed. The funny thing is, when he is reading, I always start feeling sleepy, so now I know why kids like to be read to a bed time!!! I'm going to miss having him read to my belly. I know she likes it, because she starts bee-bopping around when he starts reading.
.
On a depressing note, yesterday was the first time I weighed myself in two weeks.... Note to self: WEIGH EVERY DAY!!! So, I'm supposed to gain a half pound a week and I've been right on track until we stayed at my friend Carol's house last week and she didn't have a scale and apparently, I ate like a queen because instead of a half a pound a week, I gained 2....so 3 extra pounds later (after this week of continuing to ravage the pantry), I'm cutting down on the carbs and going back to the healthy options...Like I SHOULD have been doing.
.
It is hard though when all you can think about from 6:30 AM - 11:30 AM is FOOD. The morning is definitely my weak spot and it doesn't help that all morning foods are carbs carbs carbs. Well, I can't say I didn't enjoyed myself at least a little during my pregnancy, but now it is time to be the responsible mommy and make sure my little princess is getting healthy foods throughout the day instead of a Breakfast Bar, Granola Bar, Muffin and Bagel - Oh yea, I'm talking all in the same morning - and nothing again until dinner. I could tell a difference today in her activity since I ate RIGHT today. lots of fruit and light on the carbs. She has been bouncing around like a happy baby should - instead of passed out cold from the carb high. I can tell the difference in me too....I weighed this afternoon, and I had already lost a pound since this morning. So here is to healthy eating...boy does it stink.

6 comments:

Chris said...

That's so sweet reading to the belly...very cool.

You look great. Hang in there you don't have that much longer to go. I seem to remember around the stage you are at gaining big one week and then sort of leveling out again. Then gaining again...don't stress about it too much. Just try to eat right and enjoy this time! The third trimester is right around the corner!

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a pound a week? I got yelled at during one appointment 'cause I gained 10 lbs in two weeks...not good, not good at all. I always felt like I was trying my best but apprently I needed to try harder!

Anonymous said...

Don't beat yourself up over the weight thing. My doctor gave me a range of 25-35 pounds to gain during each pregnancy and with Kade I gained 24, Luke 23, and Alex 22. My weight changed at times during the preganancy where I would gain and then lose and I was not doing anything different. As long as you are eating healthy do not panic.
Keep reading to Jamie she will love it. A great way to bond also.

Anonymous said...

girl, i ate burger king, mcdonald's, chinese food, beef jerky, doritos, cheetos, burritos, icing straight outtah the can, krispy kreme, dominoes, i mean if the shizz wasn't nailed to the ground i ate it. hmm, maybe that's why my son weighed 10 pounds at birth. but i only gained 30. enjoy yourself i say! you look awesome. i used to play james taylor for my joe in utero. i swear it comes on the radio and he gets excited now. best wishes to you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Baby Jamie,
I was so glad your Grandma Digby sent me this wonderful picture of you and your Mommy. Mommy seems to be taking very good care of you.
Tell Mommy it is ok to cheat a little on that diet. That's one great advantage to being pregnant. She can hide that extra for a while.
Your Grandma Digby is so excited and I know you will be so loved and taken care of. We'll keep in touch and you just keep on growing and kicking!!. Keep your Mommy up all night so she can be ready when you get here!! It's hard to tell just yet, but I think you look like your Grandaddy!!. But we'll keep that a secret right now.
With love and best wishes to all!!
Mike and Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you sent me a link to this site. Since I don't get to see you that often this is a great way to keep up. You look great! I can't believe you are that pregnant already...it seems like you were just starting out. Good luck with the new house and Daryl good luck with the new job. I hope he doesnt feel left out but I am sure that tends to happen with all of this fun baby stuff going on.