Friday, November 16, 2007
Doc Appointment Update!
Math question: 148/62 + 40.1 = ?
.
what does that equal? It equals an INDUCTION!
.
My blood pressure was elevated and my due date has come so they have reserved a space for me Sunday to be induced. The hospital will call us Sunday morning and tell us when to come in. As the doc explained it, we pretty much just have a space holder, not necessarily a time...almost like call ahead seating at Longhorns... I know we have a seat for sometime Sunday, it just depends if someone hungry than me shows up first (ie, crowning baby). He said she could still come on her own, but it is good to have a space reserved just in case. I'm a good 2 cm now...before it was 1 - 2...and I went from 60% to 80% effaced.
.
Doc said they will break my water and start me on pitocin at the same time and then Jamie should be here a "few" hours later.
.
Daryl will keep you posted on Sunday as things progress. I'll try to get one blog in once they call and tell us when to head in so you will all know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
YEAH!!! I am so excited for you guys. Maybe Jamie will fool you once again and come before Sunday. I was induced will all three of mine and it was not bad at all. I had to wait on a spot with my last two and everytime the phone rang I would jump. I will be checking in on Sunday. I can not wait to see Miss Jamie Partin. Congrats!
Oh I forgot to mention..you and Daryl should go out this weekend (the last offical dinner before baby) and do something fun maybe dinner and a movie. It will be hard to leave the little one behind after she is here!! Trust me I hate leaving our kids behind. I would rather take them with us. Good luck again.
angela- you'd rather take the kids with you? damn. does that make me a bad mommy cuz i think just the opposite!! :)
wow! how exciting, Lori!! i wish you all the best! and a great epidural. :)
GOOD ADVICE from Angela! Go out tonight or tomorrow! WOOHOO! Can't wait to see her!!! Of course I know you guys can't either! Take it easy with that blood pressure thing. If you feel bad over the weekend call your doctor! We'll be thinking of you and checking in on Sunday!
I have to side with Katie on this one! I love a night out with just Michael... or any adult!!! I do find myself thinking about the kiddos though...especially if we're doing something Allie might enjoy. I really think a night out and away makes me a better mom.
ANYHOO... back to the topic at hand. Jamie! SO glad the end is in sight! I remember when I called for my induction they told me (at 4:30 am) they didn't have a bed available, so go back to sleep and call again each hour. WHAT?!?!? I'm having a baby... my first baby TODAY and you want me to go back to sleep???? Needless to say I didn't and we finally got to go in at 1:00 that afternoon. I was so tired. Try to rest as much as possible!!
I'm like Angela and hate to leave Evan behind. I'm crazy like that. I get weird looks at church because I don't stick my baby in the nursery. Congrats on Jamie making her way into the world on Sunday. I'll be looking for an update and pics too!
Hey, where did you find the blog about the tales from L&D? It soooo funny!!!
Congrats! You, Daryl, and Miss Jamie will be in my prayers tomorrow. I can't wait to see pics of the little one.
Post a Comment