Ok, so back to the birth story....
So I got the epidural and the rest of labor was SOOO much better... and then it was time to push. So I pushed.... and pushed....and 2 and a half hours later, I'm still pushing. Jamie's head won't come out from behind the pubic bone. The doc comes in and says we have 2 options... the vacuum which may work, or a c-section. After a short deliberation, we decide to at least give the vacuum a go. He said I wouldn't need an episiotomy unless the head was too big, that just having the vacuum doesn't mean you'll need one so we figure we would give it a shot...Jamie was doing fine so might as well try to avoid major surgery. So here we go.... we start the Hoover treatment. After much pushing and one episiotomy for her head, and a little bit more for her shoulders, out pops Jamie Marie (did I mention the epidural had worn off at this point so I felt both episiotomies?).... Here is a picture that I.... yes, I said that I took...right when she came out.
I yelled for the camera because I wanted to get a picture of Daryl cutting the cord and my mom brought me the camera and I got this shot and then they were behind my leg for the cord cutting so I didn't get it. Daryl went over and watched Jamie get all cleaned up while I got put back together. Here are some pics from that...her...not me!
It was SOOOO great getting her into this world! So now Jamie shares the same birthday as her granddad Partin! We were all hoping that she would be born on the 19th...and she just did make it, coming in at 1:18 AM. It is funny, because if you calculate based on ovulation, her due date was Nov. 19th... measurements and stuff moved her forward some. I'm glad she shares Bill's Birthday. Bill's middle name is James, so it is even cooler that they share the same birthday since we named her after him.
And last but not least for this entry: The Drive Home






11 comments:
SO glad that things are going so well for you guys. I am sure that Jamie is such a little angel. She is beautiful.
WOW, that picture you took of her is phenominal! Who has that shot??? That's great! I can't believe you were of the mind to do it! I'm sure you had a great Thanksgiving! Getting to bring your new baby daughter home is the ultimate to be thankful for! I love the new blog pics and ticker too! Can't wait to watch her grow!
How awesome! Glad you all are doing so well. The baby video was great. that is so neat about being named after her grandpa!
I am sure that you had LOTS to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Jamie is a cutie pie. I love the video!!!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. She is beautiful! I cannot tell you how excited I am for you. I look forward to meeting her. I will be in touch soon. Love to you all!
That is a beautiful baby. I have enjoyed keeping up with you and Jamie since your start of pregnancy. I check your website every night. Love you and I hope to see you soon.l
Too cute! She is so gorgeous and looks so incredibly big! I love the shot you took -- that is priceless! We have one like that of D coming out that Tim took -- it turned out really cool because after the fact it shows the clock in the background -- so proof he was born at 1:15! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday! I need to get with Daryl about putting our VHS at our 20 week appt. on our DVD from Baby's First Images! Also, I would love for him to help Tim design Marleigh birth announcement so we can just plug in the pictures and stats! Call me tomorrow or I will call you -- I am off Monday and Tuesday!
She is too sweet!! You have a bald baby just like us... isn't it cute! Enjoy every second with her... she will be big before you know it!
I love the black and white picture and the video. She's a very beautiful baby!
I agree-that birth pic is amazing, and you were so smart to take video of her on the ride home too. So glad to hear "the rest of the story" ; )
Thanks so much for the update, Lori! She is even cuter now! (if that even possible) I am so glad that you are settling in to it with no problems. You will have so much fun with her around the holidays!!
Caron
Post a Comment