How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Birth Story

Hey everyone! Well I did it, I had me a baby! Daryl was a nervous wreck, so his posts were obviously brief and to the point, but I am so glad he was able to post for me. So I figured now would be a great time to write the birth story while it is still fresh in my memory and Jamie is soundly asleep cuddled up under my arm (I'm loving this!) November 18th, 2007: 1:00 PM. We FINALLY get the call from the hospital that our number has been called for induction and to come on in. We get to the hospital and checked in by 2:00. At 2:00, I am 2 cm... for sake of length - by 10:00 PM I'm 10 cm. How did I get to 10 cm? Well, at about 3:00, the Doc breaks my water and they check me at 4:00 and I've made no progress so they start me on the Pitocin... OH.....MY.....GOSH.... that stuff hurt SO BAD but I went up to 4 cm by 5:00. The contractions were very intense and were about 1-2 minutes apart... I felt ZERO relief in between contractions so I decided to have a narcotic to take the edge off...I instantly felt loopy and thought "heck yeah! This stuff is great! let's roll!" Then the next contraction comes... AHHHHHHH!!!! It was JUST as bad as before! The only thing it was taking the edge off was is that now I had relief between m contractions, but they were still killing me. I gave myself 30 minutes before I decided to get an epidural... 30 minutes later, I was ordering the epidural. . Epidurals are a gift from God. I still felt pain, but it was much more manageable. It was tough getting the epidural because I had the narcotic making me feel loopy in the head, and then I had these over the top contractions because of the pitocin. It was very hard to stay still, but I did because I moved slightly during one contraction and that was not comfortable a ALL. . ok, so fell asleep writing this so I'm going to nap for a little...brb

11 comments:

Melanie said...

Rest up and enjoy your new little bundle of joy! You are going to have the best Thanksgiving with the most to be thankful for!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely about the pitocin. I forgot how intense those contractions get until.....bam you get hit with a good one and I was ready for the epidural.

I am so glad that everything is going well for you guys, Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Try not to spoil her on her first week. ;).

Amanda said...

:) You need to rest while baby is resting! :) She is a complete doll! I miss her already! Can't wait for Marleigh to get here and future playdates! I will call and check in in the AM and see how you guys are doing! All our love!

Anonymous said...

girl, what had i been tellin' ya!! Epidurals are a godsend! truly God's greatest gift to laboring moms! hehe! :) glad you got it, Lori. you done good, girl. real good. i'm proud of ya. that baby is beautiful.

Caron said...

So glad it went well for you!! My friend that I posted about over on my blog had her baby this morning at 2- ish. He was 7lbs, 7oz. She went so quick from her induction that she passed the point for an epidural and had to go natural. WHOA!!! I couldn't have done it!!

Man I remember the sleepy thing. As soon as I would start BF them I would immediately start to fall asleep! I could barely hold my eyes open...or even the baby up! Crazy how that works.

Rest and take it easy!!! (But do keep the pictures coming!!))

Anonymous said...

Yes, keep those pics coming!

I remember being "open" to doing it natural too, since I have a high tolerance for pain, but I also knew it was going to hurt worse than anything I had ever felt before. I ended up going 12 hrs before they gave me the epidural (I would have had it sooner if they let me). Now I think, people don't even get work done on their teeth anymore without drugs...why would I try to have a baby without them? Hope you heal quickly so you can enjoy your beautiful baby girl! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Chris said...

Happy First Thanksgiving Jamie Marie!!!

Hope you are home and resting comfortably this holiday!

Chris said...

P.S. Happy Birthday Lori!!

Amanda said...

I miss you guys -- but I have to be honest -- I miss Jamie the most! :) Happy Birthday Lori! I actually got your gift tonight! So I will have it for you when you guys come up to my shower on the 1st! Can't wait to hold Jamie again! :) I came home and told Davis how beautiful his girlfriend is!!! He looks at her pictures on the blog and says "pretty!" Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and please take care of yourself! Don't overdo it because that is EASY to do! Trust me!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I remember those days, where you don't have the time or energy to brush your hair or eat, much less get online. Hope you are all doing well. Hope you also had a great Thanksgiving! (Just also remembering from experience that sometimes things happen and you aren't at home, or with internet access and I'm just worried - because you haven't updated since you fell asleep) :) I really hope you all are doing great!

Caron said...

Hey Lori! Just checking in... I haven't heard an update on Miss Jamie in awhile. I hope you all are well and that you are getting some rest for yourself! Remember to to push it...I tried to do too much after I had Allie and it finally caught up to me in the form of PPD. I don't recommend that at all!! LOL! I was a mess!! I know she is still cute as ever and that you are eating her up! Just wanted to say hello and that I have been saying prayers for all the new moms. Please take it easy and post a pic of the little princess when you can... you know I love pictures!