How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Belly Evolution: Week 38 & 2 Days

My apologies! That was wrong of me to post about crazy contractions and then not post on time Thursday! No baby to report yet.... the contractions have DRASTICALLY decreased MUCH to my disappointment. I had a Doc appt on Thursday and she said ZERO dilation, ZERO effacement and ZERO engagement (i.e. she has yet to drop) I was SOOOO bummed. I am ready for Jamie to be here! I've also been sick this week. I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection and I have the pleasure of having my first fever blister ever. Note to others, do NOT research a new condition on-line... It said I would have to have a c-section because I could potentially give her a cold sore which could be fatal to newborns. Sheesh! My doc was like "no, you just have a cold sore... take abreva." I'm not too proud to say that I photo shopped it out of these pictures.... the massive belly is enough, I don't need a giant sore on the center of my top lip too!!! Now I kind of want her to wait about coming until it heals because I will worry about giving her a cold sore, so I won't be able to kiss on her and I will constantly worry about touching her after accidentally touching my mouth. I DON'T NEED THAT STRESS!!!!
.
Whew...moving on... I have NO CLUE why my belly is pointing in that direction in the head on picture... She was kicking and moving during the picture and sitting on my hip in a very uncomfortable way, so I guess that did it. Also, my belly button has officially emerged from the T-shirt.
.
My hips have been feeling like they are about to go out from under me, so hopefully she is starting to drop. My belly is starting to stick straight out, so maybe that is a sign too. Like only have 13 more days left isn't clue enough that she is coming!!! Worse case scenario - 27 more days.... that would be 42 weeks. I can wait.... RIGHT!?!?! Guess I don't have much of a choice. We've tried to walk every night, save for the nights when I was at my most sick. When I start organizing my lipsticks by color and refolding all of my wash clothes, I will guess the end is in sight because my nesting hasn't really kicked in above and beyond my usual OCDC.
.
My next Doc appt is Thursday and hopefully I will have something interesting to report at that time! She is still moving like crazy and just having a good ole time in there, so I can't complain about that. At least I know she is happy! :-)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Hey girl! You look GREAT! Don't fret about the idea of a c-section -- mine was an amazing experience! I felt great in 18 hours! :) FYI -- I have heard with cold sores to throw out all lip products for risk of one returning! :) Can't wait, can't wait, so EXCITED!!!

Chris said...

Thank you Lori, you are so funny! I am glad you came out of hiding...sorry to hear you are sick. I'm sure you will be feeling better and the cold sore will be gone before Jamie arrives. Good luck on Thursday and check in with us! A lot can change by then!!
In response to Amanda's comment I also had a fabulous C-section. I know it's not the ultimate goal but it's got it's upsides. I have a friend whose had both and she said the C is the way to go! LOL!
Of course that is not to say you will have one because of the cold sore...LOL but just in case Jamie decides she's not coming the other way! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all is well. Sorry that you have a cold sore. I am so excited for you guys. This time is so exciting, exhausting, and the best thing you will ever do. Best Wishes

Anonymous said...

take it from me-get a c-section if at all possible!! ask andrea-she'll tell ya why i am a huge supporter of the c-section.

enjoy the few weeks of peace and quiet you have left. you won't have none of that for oh, i don't know, the next 20 years! hehe! but oh, so worth it, girl! many blessings to you and baby. :)

Caron said...

Glad you're fine... I was wondering! How about not leaving us hanging...huh? LOL! Just kidding!

Don't freak about the potential of a c-section. I have not had one myself, but I have had several friends who have and they are just fine. One of my friends has had 3!

I was not even dilated a fingertip when I went in for my induction at 42 weeks. Once they gave me that Pitocin I had a baby in my arms in a little over 6 hours with only 15 minutes of pushing! The same went for my second baby... no dilation at all and I had him even faster... and he was sunny side up which usually slows things down a lot. I just needed the Pit to get it started! Maybe you do too.

You'll be just fine and she'll come when and how God wants her to.

Keep us posted!!

Bethany said...

Lori, I just heard through friends at my church that the Gordons were in labor. I left a message on Katie's site, but if you talk to them please let them know that they are in our prayers.