

On Friday, Jamie and I had another doctor appointment. We are on the weekly schedule now. Blood pressure was 117/74, her heartbeat was 164. She is still head down... but alas, she is not "engaged" as the doctor said. i.e... she hasn't dropped. I also asked her to check to see if I had dilated any... On a scale of 1 - 10, I'm a negative 3. :-( So no Jamie this week. The Doc said she thinks Jamie is in the 6 lb range right now. She still moves a LOT, which I thought would slow down as she ran out of room, but that hasn't happened yet.
.
I'm getting tired more. I thought I was going to die at work on Friday. I worked from home Monday - Thursday and could work at my own pace... so I would work from 2:30 - 5:00 AM (when I can't sleep) then sleep until 7:30, get up and work some more, take a few breaks, and finish up around 8:00 at night.... I can also wear comfy clothes and no shoes and sit in a comfy chair and stop to rest on the couch when my ankles start to swell. Friday, I went into the office, so I had to get everything done between 7:00 - 4:00, sit in a VERY uncomfortable chair, stay on my feet (in uncomfy shoes) a lot going back and forth to help people and print manuals, and as such, I felt slammed, achy and tired... and then I had a 90 minute drive home!!! I thought I was going to cry. I felt like SUCH a wimp. This is the life I am used to.. the kind of high paced work life I LOVE!!! It shouldn't make me miserable!!!! As I told one of my co-workers, the mind is willing but the body's weak. Sigh.... I know this will past... and SOON, but I'm hormonal and wanted to vent. :-)

One nice thing that happened on Friday though, was that work had a surprise shower for me and another girl at work that is due a week before I am. It was very nice. We had some yummy food and we both got some very nice gifts. So that was definitely a nice break in the action.


And just so you know, the hospital bag is PACKED and ready to go. If any of you have any advice for things to take to the hospital, let me know!!! Also, I taught Daryl how to update the blog and we will be taking the laptop to the hospital. They have WIFI so as I am going through Labor/Birth, Daryl will be updating the blog to keep everyone on top of things. How cool is that? You will also get pictures on here... it is almost like you will all be there with me, minus the sound effects of me screaming. :-)
8 comments:
I can understand why you needed to vent. She will be here before you know it though! Hang in there! If I had any advice to give you as to what to take to the hospital I would say stuff for Daryl. I know that sounds crazy, but that's the one thing we forgot. We packed all of my things and stuff for the baby and forgot about stuff for Scott. I didn't want him to leave me, so he had to go home and pack himself a bag after we got to the hospital. Remember that you don't know how long you're going to be there. We were thinking three days and it ended up being seven. So, it's easier to just be prepared! I am so happy for y'all though! Keep your chin up and we'll all be waiting to meet Jamie!
Love,
Kim
Wow another shower you go girl, that Jamie is spoiled already and that is how it should be. Those harmones can do a job on you, it's almost over and you have done great. Wow the lap top at the hospital how cool. You won't be screaming you can do it. My visit's to the hospital were always at 1 AM and if I did not sleep neither did hubby LOL. So Daryl better be prepared LOL. I remember after having 2 boys first that when I finally had my girl, I brought my birth announcements with me and wrote them up the day I had her I was so excited. Looking forward to the blog that has Jamie's picture on it. It's almost over.
I know how you feel. When I was at the end with Lindsay I hated driving myself to work. It was such a haul from the parking deck to my office. My boss actually changed my start time "officially" by half an hour because I was ALWAYS late. I worked up until the weekend before I was induced. But hey, I WORK at the hospital so I kind of had no excuse! Ha!ha! We brought a ton of stuff we didn't need like MOVIES to watch while I was in labor. SUCH A JOKE. I couldn't tell you what was on the tube during any of the time leading up to my C-section. The noon news was on when they wheeled me to the OR that's all I remember. Bring some chapstick, lotion for you, a pillow from home, some of your own feminine pads as the ones at the hospital can be too bulky and pack a few extra pj's and socks and stuff for Daryl just in case you have a C b/c you're stay is a little bit longer if that happens.
I really was happy I had my chapstick!! :)
Don't fret over -3 things can change very quickly. Ideally you want to wait til 38.5 anyway if you can. Just to be safe with those developing lungs!
You guys should be set! Hang in there. She will be here soon and you need your rest. I would bring a pillow from home, extra socks, extra pjs, and hair clips. I agree with Chris. We took moives and never took them out. Good Luck and I can not wait to see your little angel.
Oh, but I think he should video and record at least two contractions! Negative 3? Never heard of negatives! I was 1 CM starting at 34 weeks, but you can stay there forever or go really fast -- so no one knows! Sounds like Jamie is going to be a little baby! :) That is good news for you! She will be easier to get out! :) Glad you were able to have a work shower. That was really sweet of them! As for the bag I recommend tiny little stretchy baby socks. I used these on D's hands -- D was like 8lbs. - 3 weeks early and the little "baby mittens" would slide right off. These were soft on his face and kept scratches away for the most part! :) Def. bring your own pillow as the hospital ones suck! If you are going to breastfeed then you def. need to bring your boppy. I recommend it even if your not. Boppy' help make GREAT pictures and though they are little, they get heavy on your arm very quickly! Oh -- and my must -- your toothpaste and toothbrush! I took advantage of these very often! :) Can't wait!
Q: What did the opposom say when the train ran over his tail?
A: IT WON'T BE LONG NOW!
Heehee.
I think my best suggestion on what to bring came from Amanda last time around. Buy some cheap slippers you can throw away when you are done. You don't want to walk around the hosptial in your socks or barefoot, but you also don't wanna bring those germs home!
Wow...look at you! You look so great! Hang in there! The slippers and the boppy are great ideas!
Looking good Lori!
Sorry, no advice on what to take to the hospital since I haven't done this yet, other than some REALLY GOOD DRUGS...
Also sorry you're starting to feel so miserable and tired. My family, particularly my mother, has always said that you can't have the baby until you get that way though, so you're on your way!
Love ya!
Post a Comment