How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2007

Shower #2 and the Completion of Lamaze

Sunday was shower #2 and it was a blast! Deeshia & Cheryl hosted it at Deeshia's house and I had so much fun. We had a really great turn out. 20 people came and we had an afternoon tea.
Here is my tea dress. Deeshia decorated in pink and brown and I wanted to follow suit. Amanda and I went shopping at the outlets and I found this dress on sale for $5! You can't beat that! She had this little jacket she let me wear with it and I think it worked. And here are my lovely hostesses: Cheryl (Deeshia's mom), Deeshia (my sis-in-law) and Gloria (Daryl's mom). I got mega hot and this was taken at the end of the shower when I just couldn't stand to wear sleeves another minute!
And here is my Grandmother and mom. My G-mom finally was able to come and see the new casa and see Jamie's room. I'm so glad they were able to come up for the shower.
And here are two of my favorite people: Devin was my best friend/roommate/honor's program buddy/sorority sister during college. I haven't seen her since my wedding shower so it was great to see her again!!! Hopefully I will see her again without there needing to be a shower! And of course, my wingman...er...wingwoman, Amanda... who is just the bomb. I'm so glad that her and her hubby Tim were able to stay with us the night before (That makes them our first house guests!!!!)
And here are my lovely friends from work! Linda, Kim, Carol, and Shannon.... Could I work with any prettier people?!?!?! I was so glad they were able to make it! They have gone through so much with me over the last 2.5 years! And boy, do they have some stories to tell... but so do I so they keep quiet. bwahahaha! And now, the gifts! The family bought us all of our big gifts and brought them to this shower, since we live right down the street so we wouldn't have a long way to haul them.... Thankfully, Carol's hubby Allen came to the house and cooked out with the guys and had a trailer hitched to his truck! That came in handy. We received our High Chair, Play Pen, Stroller & Car Seat from family and a jogging & umbrella stroller from my work buddies. Jamie got this super cute little back pack that has her initials embroidered on them. She also received embroidered bibs, a burp cloth, and dress from Devin. Gotta love the personalized gifts!
And if I've never mentioned it before, Daryl LOVES monkeys....
I mean, LOVES monkeys.... So We received 2 monkey outfits, a monkey blanket, and all of the monkey bathroom accessories! We are SOOOO excited! She will look adorable in them and her bathroom looks awesome. I will post some pics of the bathroom in the next blog. And in case you are wondering, yes... my outfit matched her bedding (This is the mobile for her crib). And what, pray tell, took place AFTER the shower..... Daddy got put to work! He put EVERYTHING together! He said it was like Christmas! Daryl said that going to Lamaze made her birth feel even closer. We are getting so excited about her coming that after every shower, we work to get everything where it should be, like she could come at any minute.
.
But Daryl was great, he got everything together and this was after a long afternoon of entertaining the men folk while the ladies were at the shower. Kudos to Tim though for becoming the chef so that Daryl could play host. Once again, what would we do with out Tim & Amanda???
.
So, I mentioned Lamaze... the 2nd day was much better. She went into the post partum "what to expect" stuff and that was pretty interesting. We almost lost it though when we had to practice breathing. Daryl kept making me laugh to the point tears were coming out... I'm sure everyone thought we were total dorks. They probably wished a long labor on us for not taking it seriously but have you ever tried to role play a contraction?!?!? It's pretty darn hilarious when you have Daryl as your coach. Not to mention it doesn't help when he keeps whispering in my ear "I'm a pirate... RRRRRrrrrr" or when he is holding up his fingers for the "varied breathing technique" and as he lowers his fingers at each breath, wondering if he is going to flick me off. Yea, we had a good time.
.
All in all, it was a great weekend and I think I will need to go to bed now to get over it. whew! Good night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You looked so beautiful in that dress and what a deal!!! Jamie got lots of good stuff at the shower once again. It was good that you guys were able to enjoy yourselves during lamaza class. I hated when you had to go up so the teacher could demonstrate on you. That is when I would start laughing.

Anonymous said...

So good to see you roomie! I promise we'll get together again before somebody has a shower for something...cause I'm pretty sure it'll be a little while before you do this again, and I'm not planning on it quite yet either.
I'm SO impressed that Daryl put everything together that night! I know you were exhausted when I left, so I hope you just sat on the big comfy couch and watched him...
The house looked great and so did you! And your dad cracks me up, although I am a little disappointed that he didn't immediately start making milkshakes when he saw me instead of just talking about them. :-)
Have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress! you look like one hot mama in it. glad you had a great shower! looks like you racked up on the goods again! :)

Amanda said...

No -- you have it wrong -- you two are the BOMB!!! We love you guys! Had a blast this weekend! We all needed it!

Anonymous said...

The dress looks so cute on you, and it was only $5???? SCORE!

Chris said...

Very cute dress and DEAL of the century! You looked adorable! Jamie really racked up (as it should be)! I loved that little Monkey outfit, too sweet.
Glad you made it through the lamaze class ok. Let me know if it was worth it or not!
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

HI Lori & Daryl, Well looks like you had another great shower. I hope the next time we come up we get to see your new home and Jamie. Don't forget anytime you want to come and visit here we are just one hour from Disney.
Will be looking forward to the next shower pics