How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We Have a House!

We closed on our new home yesterday!! I can't wait to get out of our "temporary housing" and into our new home so I can start nesting! For those of you unaware, we sold our first home and moved into a rental town home so we could look for our next home leisurely and not HAVE to buy the first thing we sort of liked. We didn't think we would have a timeline really....well, who knew that at the closing of our first house, we were 2 weeks pregnant! So Jamie pretty much gave us a timeline of "HAVE to buy by September" and we did good since we closed on the last day of July. .
One nice thing about living in a rental, is you have to give a 60 day notice, so that means we can move slowly... we have plenty of time to paint, have professional cleaners and carpet cleaners come through and then move the things we can manage over a few weeks and then only need the expensive movers for a few hours, as opposed to all day.
.
Just thought I would share in this exciting news for us!!! .
And in case you didn't think a new baby and new house was stressful enough for my hubby, Daryl, he went and got a new job!!! He starts in September and is SOOOO excited! It really is a great opportunity for him and I'm so proud of him. He will be doing consultant work for Atlanta based companies (so no travel, YAY!) and maybe even get to work from home some if the client is okay with it. .
And here is my hubby with the tools of the trade for his REAL job! :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house! It looks great! As if you didn't have enough going on....but hey, where is the belly picture this week??? I couldn't help but smile when you got the inevitable point where the shirt and shorts don't touch! Smile! You have everything in the world to smile about right now (except maybe that whole moving thing)!

Chris said...

Congratulations!! I love, love LOVE that porch! Very awesome looking house indeed! I can't imagine moving at your stage in pregnancy. However in late April (before my June due date)we ripped up all the carpet in our house and put down new in the bedrooms and hardwoods everywhere else. It was like moving...Oh my gosh! Oh, and congrats on the new job too. You guys do have lots to be smiling about!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Hey I really and truly think its perfect timing. I mean you won't be expected to lift anything heavy in your condition. All you have to do is organize! Much better than our timing. David was born in September and we started building our house in November...he was six months old when we got to move in...so not fun. You'll have lots of people to help you get everything done before she's born. Congrats to your hubby on the new job...again, I say perfect timing...the Lord had his hand in it all.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that house!? Love it. Congrats to you and your husband. may you build lots and lots of happy memories in your new home!

Bethany said...

Congrats on the new house...it's beautiful. You'll be happy for the nice big yard once Jamie is here and walking around...that's where Olivia would live if we'd buy her a tent!!!

Luke and Shelli said...

Wow! Your house is amazing!! I can't wait to come sit on the porch and rock. I know ya'll are excited about the new digs. I think you're smart to move gradually. Congrates to Daryl on the new job. It'll be nice not having him on the road with a little one in the house. Give each other a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Love the new house. Take it easy cleaning. Can not wait to see more pics.

Amanda said...

Yea! I finally get to see the house! Can't wait to come up and help you guys! You and I can shout orders to the men! Hey - that is nothing unusual? What would the two of them do without us?