Sorry for the delay in the post. We worked on the house last night so I didn't have time to post. We are really making progress with the house. Thanks to our Parents & David for helping us paint last weekend! And thanks to Deeshia for feeding us last night so we could work! We will work some more this weekend and I'm going to try to remember to take a camera so I can show the progress Jamie's room is making. I'm really happy with the colors we have picked for the entire house and will post those too once we finish everything.
.
Jamie's Furniture came in! We might go pick it up this weekend and just leave it down stairs until we get the carpets cleaned. We also still have to put the Crown moulding and chair rail in her room... whew. Lots to do!
.
Jamie is moving around a ton. She only does the good kicks every now and then but she is quite the rolly polly. It is so much fun watching her move. I can't eat as much at night anymore. If I eat too much...let's just say I have a flash back to the 1st trimester.
.
The last doc appointment went good. My glucose test came back fine. Supposed to be under 140 and it was 114. My blood pressure is going up some.... it was 120/86 which is pretty high for me. I've also gained too much weight... 22 lbs. The doctor was so funny though. You could tell that he has had to tell many a woman to try and slow down the growth spurt and that many a woman has burst into hysterics. I say this because he had the same look in his eyes as I get when I see someone with a pit bull walking down the street. And he kept saying "But you look GREAT!" haha. I know I've gained too much, so I was expecting it, so I just wanted to laugh at how scared he was to tell me. But he said just 1 lb a week from here on out...We'll see how that goes. :-)
.
Okay, so I think lightening just hit something near by and alarms are going off so I'm going to get off the computer now.... gotta love summer storms!!!! Made the temp go from 96 to 74 in 10 minutes!!!






6 comments:
I say these doctors need to quit their bitchin' about weight and just let the pregnant mamas be! you look great! 22 lbs at 28 weeks is not bad at all. glad all is going well with the pregnancy! :)
I agree with katie. I tried hard to keep it under 30 but that was just unrealistic. I gained 45 total as of 4 days before delivery. They never weighed me at the hospital but I blew up with fluid that last couple of days. what you have to watch is that blood pressure. Drink LOTS of water that helps! I was on bed/couch rest the last two days before my induction and we had to take my pressure every hour. It got dangerously high and they threatened to bring me in if I didn't get it down. My doc wasn't on call so I was determined to do what I needed to do to wait til Monday. If you start to get headaches or feel like you just can't get out of bed or move...start pushing the water, take your blood pressure and call the doctor! It's that bottom number that you need to pay most attention to. Take it easy. You are doing a lot these days to get ready and in this heat...listen to your body and Jamie. Can't wait to see the pics when you're all done!
If you look great-what's the issue doc? ; )
Its funny because the day I was yelled at for too much weight gain the nurse was all like oh we don't pay attention to how many lbs you've gained, just how big you are measuring (i.e. your belly/the baby)-then the midwife told me I'd gained too much and she wanted me to keep it at 1lb a week-I tend agree with the nurse's school of thought...
I think you look great! Since I know people who gained 50+ pounds during their pregnancy, it doesn't seem too bad to me to gain 22. Heck, I gained more than that year before last for no reason at all! Glad to hear you are making progress on the house - home improvements can be so frustrating sometimes!
You look GREAT!!! We can't WAIT to spend the weekend with you guys! We look forward to seeing you Friday night! I am sure we will LOVE Davis' gift!!! :)
I agree with Katie!! One bit of advice on the baby furniture. We got ours from Babies R Us and it is this beautiful cherry color. Good thing we opened it early because it had to air out for about 8 weeks to get he stain smell off of it. Because it's boxed up so well, I guess there was no ventilation to let the wood breath. Anyway, my advise is find a place where you can open it up and air it out...preferably not in the nursery so that Jamie's room doesn't smell. Maybe yours won't have that smell, but better to be safe and open early than sorry!!
Post a Comment