My family and I celebrated my 29th birthday this weekend. I wasn't going to do anything for my birthday but my sweet hubby told me I needed to do something to celebrate (since he KNOWS I love birthdays - I really do! I get SOOO excited! I swear I'm 5) so we had the family over and had a great time! My real birthday is on the 21st, but since Jamie's birthday is the 19th, I have officially moved mine to the weekend before hers since Thanksgiving is the weekend after. My nephew "lovingly" brought it to my attention that this will be the last year of the 3rd decade of my life. I told him that I guess this coming year will be my "farewell tour" of my 20's. haha. I must say, all 3 have been great... 0 -10: easy, 10 - 20: pretty good, 20 - now: awesome. Interesting fact: since I turned 20, I have moved 10 times and had 8 different jobs... whew!
We had Pizza and Ice Cream cake.... it doesn't get much better than an Oreo Blizzard Ice Cream cake. Yum! (and a shout out to Andrea & Amanda - see, I put the kiddos birth announcements on my fridge) :-)
Here are some pictures from the party:
Here I am with my favorite birthday gift of all! Last year, my gift was to leave the hospital on my birthday and bring home the daughter I'd always dreamed of.
Jamie getting ready to help me blow out my candle. She didn't know what to think of everyone singing.... A good trial run for her birthday party next weekend!
And a Quick Post about my adventurous hubby. He, his brother, and our neighbor Dan & his brother went caving the weekend before last. They had a great time. Here are some pics from his adventure into the depths!
Daryl let Jamie decorate his hard hat with Sharpies and Snoopy stickers






7 comments:
Happy Birthday Lori! Wow-I didn't know you were only three months younger than me! Sometimes the best birthdays are the one spent low-key with just your family around you. Thanks for the shout out!
So glad you got to have a little bday time of your own! I can't believe how fast the big days are approaching! Can't wait to celebrate with both of you this weekend! :)
Happy Birthday! Glad you got to celebrate. It looks like you had a great time!
Happy Birthday! I love what you said about your best gift ever. Alex;s birthday this year is the day after Thanksgiving.
Happy Birthday Lori! I can't believe that Jamie will be 1 this week!
Oh, and the those pics of Daryl....well that looks kinda dangerous!!!!
I love the picture of you and Jamie on the couch.. too cute! Happy Birthday~ I had no idea your birthday and Jamie's birthday were so close on the calendar. I hope you have a great birthday!!
On the boys being boys.. it is soo true.. I don't think they would have done such risky things if the wifes had been around haha..too funny!
Happy early birthdays, Jamie and Lori! Looks like a great party!
Erin
Post a Comment