Jamie has a third tooth today! It has been sitting below the surface for over a week and it finally broke through this morning. You can't really tell from the pictures, but you can feel it when you touch it.
I circled the new tooth below
Jamie's New Parlor Tricks
- I'm not sure if you can tell from this picture, but Jamie is beginning to click her tongue on the roof of her mouth. This started on Monday.
- She is also rolling over onto her tummy all the time. She hates being there, so not sure why she keeps doing it. She does it all the time in her crib. I'll go in there to get her after her naps and she is on her tummy at the other end of the crib upside down. For someone who can't crawl, she sure can move!
- She slept on her tummy for the 1st time the other night. I go in around 2 in the morning and she is face down. Of course I freak out - but quietly! I check to make sure she is breathing and she is so I leave her be. She sleeps this way once she is in a DEEP sleep, otherwise she sleeps on her side. She rarely sleeps on her back anymore.
- She is sleeping through the night some now. She was waking up to eat in the middle of the night or EARLY morning and since she has moved her schedule (her last meal now ends up being at 7:30 - her choice) she sleeps until about 5:00 if not later. I'll take it! She is missing her before-bed-snack too.
- She is trying so hard to crawl but refuses to put her knees under her. Instead she slides...backwards. Hey, at least she is moving!
- Everything is da da da da....she loves to say it. She will also have yelling matches with you and just laugh. She will yell back and forth with you and just smile and wait for you to go then she will go. It sounds like she is saying "hey" when she yells... she says it with the same inflection that we say "hey" to her.
- She grabs EVERYTHING now.
- She is mastering drinking from a cup (HATES bottles & sippy cups) she still spits out half of it every sip, but she is starting to drink more and more every time.
- When the radio comes on, sometime she will start mumbling very loudly... I think she is trying to sing. If so, she takes after me... poor thing.
So I know that's a lot, but I haven't updated on her new tricks and she gets more every day. I can't believe how fast she is growing. In my head, 9 months always seems so "grown up" for a baby and she will be there in 6 weeks!!! This stage is so much fun. She is just the happiest little baby. We are SO lucky!!!






5 comments:
Love the post love the pictures ... she will take off any day now! Then it will be walking - take lots of pictures!
Lori, I still don't think they make babies prettier than yours!!
YAY Jamie!! Another tooth to bite with! :)
Lots going on in Jamie's world I'd say. She'll figure out that crawling thing soon enough. Or she'll boot scoot (as I call it) like Lindsay did. They FIND A WAY trust me!
HAPPY FOURTH!!
Walker doesn't care much for sippy cups either...but he does still love his bottle. We're trying to break him! He likes to drink out of big boy cups using a straw or either just straight from our cups...
Yay for Jamie. Glad to see that she is doing so well. It seems like yesterday when Evan had 3 teeth...now he is working on 3 or 4 coming in at one time.
Post a Comment