How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

Happy 2 Week Birthday!

Jamie is now 2 weeks old! She lost her cord last night so now she has a perfect little inny belly button. So cute! Here are some more pics of our baby girl.

Here she is sleeping like a champ.... in our bed nonetheless...

Daryl and his mom posing with Miss Jamie.

This was a very sheety morning.... I'm nursing Jamie this morning at 6:00 in our bed since Daryl has already left for work... I start feeling a warmth come over me... I wish I could say it was love... but no, it was pee from a leaky diaper.... so I change my clothes, her clothes and the bed sheets. We resume nursing and I fall asleep... and she eats to much. Next I'm awaken to her spitting up into my silk pjs.... Silk is non-absorbent so As I sit up, milk runs down and all over the bed... I change the sheets again. I go to change her and I take off her diaper to change it, and she proceeds to pee everywhere... I change her changing pad cover and clothes again. So by 7:30, we have gone through 2 sets of sheets, 2 sets of PJs for me and 2 sets of PJs for her (she pees all over the place in between the old and new diaper again at 10:00...but I'm awake then so who cares.... The plus side.... she slept from 9:30 to 2:00!!!! and then from 2:00 to 6:00!!! I got TONS of sleep so it was all good. I was laughing the whole time because it was just plan funny. As I told one of my girlfriends, a day with a poopy diaper is better than any day without one. I love my Jamie!!!! :-)

.

Today was Jamie's 2 Weeks check up with her doctor. She has GROWN!!! She is now 22 inches long and 8lbs 8 oz! At discharge from the hospital, she was 19 inches long and 7 lb 9 oz. My milk rocks! ha-ha. The doc said everything looks good and she goes back in 1.5 months and get (dun dun dunnnnn) her shots....ewwww.... that will NOT be fun for either of us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie is such a cutie! I know that you were probably wondering why even get dressed again. I have had many mornings like that and I will say there are many more to come. Enjoy!

Chris said...

awww...she is growing!!! Yes, there are more mornings where that came from. Congrats on the breast feeding it sounds like it's going really well. She is adorable!! Good to hear from you on my blog too. Have a good week! Try not to think about that shot appt. It's WAY worse for mom, I promise!

Melanie said...

Jamie is such a cutie pie! She is growing lots! Your milk must be better than Cheerios, hee hee!!! I love seeing new pics of her. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You had me laughing out loud at work with your stories of sheet...hopefully you'll still be able to laugh about them as days like that continue to happen...
Sounds like everything is going great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea that sort of thing happens with girls too! David has peed on me too many times to count, many of which happend while I was nursing.