As promised, the progress of our house:
First and Foremost, Jamie's room...

It started off blue, which Daryl primed 2 times....

Then he added 3 coats of pink and brown trim.

And finally, he started the crown moulding today (which will be brown).

The Living room started of yellowy khaki with cream trim and ended up grayish khaki with white trim.

The kitchen went from Khaki to green.

The Dining room went from khaki to the grey khaki & green.

And the study went from Khaki to green.

ALL of the trim went from cream to bright white... base boards, crown moulding, doors, spindles on the stairwell, base board running up stairwell, Passageways, windows.... EVERYTHING. I'm not showing 2 of the guest bedrooms because they went from one khaki to another khaki. so no "AHHHH" moment there. Every room but 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom were repainted (That bedroom will be Jamie's playroom, which we will paint when she can... well... play.) And the master bedroom & bath because I plan on redecorating in a year and the paint still looks good and the current colors match what we have now, so no sense in painting it now just to do it again in a year.
.
So this is where all of our time has been on the weekends and some weeknights. The house looks TOTALLY different now than when we first received the keys. I'm so happy with how it is turning out but gee wiz it takes a lot of work!!! My poor dad worked for 2 weekends in a row on it with PNEUMONIA!!! Needless to say, we gave him a weekend off once the doctor told him that was why he felt bad. Last weekend, half the family caught a head cold too... It got my nephews, Bro & sis-in-law, my mom and Daryl... Dad already had Pneumonia, so I don't know if that counts towards that list. Gloria & I (and Jamie by default) were the only ones to leave the house without the sniffles. So yes...to say this house has been one heck of an undertaking is an understatement, but the hard work everyone has put into it is really showing. Daryl, Jamie & I have the most awesome family ever. We could NOT have done this without them!!!!
9 comments:
Hi! I'm Andrea's friend Caron. Your house looks awesome! Love the hardwood floors and the paint colors! I know you'll love being all settled once the baby comes! Have you picked out your nursery bedding and stuff yet? The pink and brown you painted her room will go with so much!
You did it the right way - do all that painting before you move in! I tried to talk Michael into that but he just HAD to move in IMMEDIATELY when we got the keys, even though we had our apartment for another month and a half. Now, he wonders why our bedroom and bathroom have yet to be painted and trim has never been painted in any room - it's too hard once you live there too! Plus, he usually mentions the bedroom when he's on night shift - and sleeping in that bedroom during the day all weekend (I can't exactly paint around him!). Anyway, it looks great!
I love all of your colors. Your new house is gorgeous. Lots and lots of new right now for you it looks like...new house, new baby! What an exciting time!
Oh my gosh it all looks GREAT!! So did you paint the outside of Jamie's door brown too? Just curious! Can't wait to see it in person!
Your house is gorgeous. Love the colors you went with.
I Love that Green!! Jamie's room is going to be so cute. You must be so thrilled!
Your house is beautiful. Love all the colors.
I tried pulling up the web address of Jamie's bedding that you left on Caron's blog/comments...I can't get it...will you post pics when you get it?
Great house for wonderful couple. Can't wait to see you.
Aunt Betty Ann
Post a Comment