How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Belly Evolution: Week 30

Wow! Week 30. It is hard to believe we are already in the home stretch. Time has FLOWN since we found out we were pregnant in February. I have really been blessed to have had such a good pregnancy so far. It's had its moments but all in all, I've been lucky to have such an uneventful pregnancy. I did discover the hard way on Tuesday that I need to eat pretty much continually. I got a little light headed at work and my wonderful Carol brought me a Ginger Ale and I started to feel better. I kept feeling woozy throughout the day but as soon as I'd eat something, I would be fine (We even checked my blood pressure - just to be sure - and it was 104/68). So yesterday and today I kept food in my system and I haven't had any more spells, so bring on the grub, bub!
.
Despite the fact that I look HUGE in my pictures this week, I haven't gained any weight since my last doctor's visit.... I think it is from working at the house so much, that I've been burning the calories that have been going directly to my thighs - because I'm still eating a lot...who knows. This week I'll probably get yelled at for NOT gaining 3 lbs. sheesh. Whaddya do. Fear not, I still have the weekend to get all nice and chubby before my Monday visit. :-)
.
This evening, I'm pretty sure I saw Jamie's foot coming out, front and center. Playing "Guess that Body Part" will be my most favorite memory of being pregnant. It is just so cool seeing things run across my belly (feet and elbows), or seeing a huge blob start pushing out to one side (her back, I'm pretty sure). I can feel her pretty easily now. I know where to press to feel her move and she is pretty consistent. I have a hyper one, that's for sure!
.
She actually kicked on cue 3 times yesterday! Samantha, Athena, & Rob from work were all able to feel her kick. Usually when I want her to kick she plays opossum and pretends to be asleep. I know better. She is just being like her father. :-)
.
I want to send a shout out to my girl Amanda for letting my borrow pregnancy attire for my baby showers. I TRIED to find new things to wear but everything I tried on looked about as attractive as a potato sack with lapels - and the look of horror on Daryl's face when I tried on the outfits told the story... even though he tried to muster a convincing "no honey, you look fine." ha-ha. He is a trooper, that's for sure. So mucho gracias to Amanda for letting me borrow 2 pretty dresses and a cardigan for my brown dress.
And this picture is for Ms. Chris who brought to my attention that the only pictures I've been posting of myself are in the white T-shirt from hell, so here is one I took randomly in the new house on 8/14. I should really take more pictures of me so Jamie doesn't think that I only owned one outfit while I was pregnant!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Hey! A shout out to me...I'm so flattered! You look AWESOME! I have to hand it to you. I could not have been where you are at this time of year. I was SO happy Lindsay was born in June. July and August were hot enough in the "after baby body". WHEW!
Have you already had your showers or are they coming up? I'm guessing you will have pics soon?
Congrats on WEEK 30! It won't be long now! I'm hoping for a nice 37 or 38 week delivery for you so you don't have to get to that week 39 misery. I delivered at 39 weeks 2 days and that last week was HATED!
Oh and I'm glad you figured out what was causing your spells. Remember to try to make a few of your snacks higher in protein! That should help a lot.
Take Care of you!

Anonymous said...

Guurrl what choo talkin' about? You look great. Seriously though-you are so cute pregnant.

Yes, hopefully it will be 10 more weeks or less (a healthy less that is) 'cause being overdue is not fun at all.

Anonymous said...

You look great. It will not be long until Jamie arrives. Remeber to stay active to move things along faster, but not to much.

Anonymous said...

You do look great! I delivered at 41 weeks. ugh. joe was just hibernating in there. anyways, i changed my blog address....it's

mycuppajoe.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!!! :)

Chris said...

Hey! Where you been? You ok? Missed your blog post this week. Hope you're feeling alright~!