How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Belly Evolution: Week 18

This week has been pretty uneventful. Just getting bigger. My right hip has been hurting me pretty bad, but I guess that's just a part of being pregnant. I've decided that maternity tops that don't come all the way down to your knees are almost impossible to find. I only have a hand full of clothes that I can wear now so it's about time to go shopping.
*******************************
Okay, had to come back and add more. at 9:00 tonight, Daryl was "laying down some crazy beats" doing the MacGyver theme song beat box style (Daryl says to add "the best TV show in history") and I started feeling the baby move around like crazy for the first time. I thought I felt it on my hand but wasn't sure so I asked Daryl if he could feel it and he could!!! We tested it and he told me every time he thought he felt the baby and it was every time I did! It isn't a HUGE movement, but you can feel it none the less. How cool is that?!?!?!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh but wait! You'll be needing those long maternity tops long about 38 weeks (or 41 in my case). Have you tried buying in a smaller size than you would usually wear? I went through small, medium, and then large tops as I got bigger when I was pregnant.

Anonymous said...

AHH!! Maternity tops and pants are the hardest clothing to shop for. Every store has a different style which means a small in one store is not a small in another. Andrea is right...around 30 weeks you will start to pull down on those tops to make sure your belly is not hanging out.

Those first moments of feeling the baby move are so overwhleming. I would find myself just sitting at work trying to get the baby to move and just smile when I felt something. Great News!! There are many more kicks to come. Congrats!

Chris said...

Congrats!! Yes, the movement is just getting started. Lindsay would always stop when MIke would try to feel. It drove him crazy! He didn't feel her a whole lot until the end. Maternity clothes are such a pain. The girls are right...you'll be pulling and tugging on them soon enough. Have you been to Old Navy yet? They had a lot of cute stuff. Kohl's does too. I found I liked going there more than the actual Maternity stores as far as prices go. Have fun shopping!

Caron said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Andrea's and saw your blog on hers. Congrats on expecting your first little one! Your comment about the maternity shirts is totally true, but like Andrea said you'll come to appreciate that later. What worked best for me was the maternity tank tops. I bought all colors, then I could wear a shirt over it that buttoned down the front. It didn't even have to be a maternity shirt...just wear it open in front and the longer tank covers up your belly. Plus, the layered look is in... well I'm told it is... I'm no fashion queen, that's just what worked for me. LOL! Congrats again!

Amanda said...

Look at that baby belly!!! I love it!!! Hey girl. I have some clothes that you should come borrow!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lori! It's Holly Knapp (Bradford). I came across your myspace page and saw the link to your blog. I'm so excited for you. I have a 10-month-old little boy. There's nothing like motherhood. I went through the summer, too. Not much fun, huh? But it's worth every minute. I'll be checking back to see how things are going.