Jamie slept the entire hour and 20 minute drive there, so she was ready to play when we arrived! The girls and Davis played for over an hour, then it was time for lunch, then time for naps for the girls so Amanda and I had a chance to catch up while Davis attacked my toes. Jamie & Davis share a love for feet... sheesh! Then Miss J woke up just in time for us to head home. Yea... BAD idea. The first 40 minutes were fine, but then she TURNED on me. WAAAA for 10 minutes and then I remembered I had a toy that made noise, tossed it back there and she was GREAT.... until she tossed it out of both of our reach about 25 minutes from home while I'm in bumper to bumper traffic on 285. I see the bottom lip SLOWLY growing bigger and bigger... then WAAA! I FINALLY reached the toy, but it was too late. She will have none of it as if to say "you had your chance mommy and you blew it!" The crying would only stop when I would reach over the back of the car seat and hold her hand... my arm fell asleep about 10 minutes from the house so I figured she could cry for 10 minutes while my arm recovered from gangrene... she stopped crying when we pulled into the garage. Needless to say, mommy has learned that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES let her nap and then get in the car for a long drive. Girlfriend wanted to PLAY and mommy made her sit and she let me have it.
Other than that, it was an awesome day and I learned something new. Thanks for having us over Amanda! We really did have a great time and the 2nd Jamie was let out of her car seat, she was like..."What? Me cry? NAH!"... girls... sheesh!






11 comments:
Too sweet! We had a great time too! :) I love that caught in the headlights look! I will try to get mine up tomorrow! We will venture your way next time. At least I am use to Marleigh Screaming in the car! She will stop if I sit back there by her. I don't think that would be a safe driving experience though! LOL! What's your thought? Oh -- the new mirror that sings and lights up complete with an excellent remote control is GREAT! It decreases her crying at least 50%, but it also leads me to suicidal thoughts! They really should have more than 4 songs and they are VERY annoying and mostly sound the same -- complete with repetitive "Wheels On the Bus" beeping horn and all! You know, I think I should just invest in ear plugs for myself and I could always put the wireless DVD earphones on D! I bet that would have been much cheeper than that "push you over the edge - VERY quickly - mirror!"
Sounds like you had a great time! I always, always leave Amanda's house with a must have new for David-Davis and Marleigh are stocked!
too funny!! yep, you should always schedule long trips around naptimes!! It sucks, though, because you end up cutting your playdate short, just to get naptime in! who would've thought our lives would be ran by such tiny creatures?!! who'd want it any other way, though, right?
Oh gosh, this is too funny!!! I know it wasn't fun for you when Jamie was flipping out. But, it was cracking me up because I have been there SO MANY TIMES!!!!! There have been times that I literally thought my head would explode before we made it back home =) And guess what!?!?!?! Logan is almost five and I still have to be super creative in order to avoid this from happening if we are going to be in the car for more than 45 minutes! I'm telling you this boy can whine and cry with the best of em'. You should have been in the car the time we went to Kentucky (8 hours) and Logan was three! All I can say is AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!....... and NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!
I went to Banner Elk from Myrtle Beach ... 6 hour drive - by MYSELF with Tatum when she was only 6 months old ... NEVER again! I wont go more than hour and a half by myself ... it was so so hard!
Glad she did well and so so very glad that she enjoyed the play date!
The girls are too cute together! Love the matching shirts. Sorry you had such a hairy ride home. Maddie used to scream the whole way home every night and poor Morgan would sit back there and hold her ears!
Playdates are so fun! I think they are even better for the mommies than the babies! LOL Thanks for sharing! Erin
They are precious! Love the matching shirts!
What a great way to spend the day!!
The pics of the girls are hysterical! SO CUTE! Yep, been there on the car ride thing. Keep 'em awake til you hit the car I say...sometimes you have to say schedule smedule....
LOL!
Glad you survived it though! Jamie is a DOLL!
okay, jamie looks like a little beautiful baby model! oh, she always looks stunning. i have missed seeing pics of her sweet face, she always makes me smile. :)
Post a Comment