Monday, April 9, 2007
Morning Sickness Finally Wins
After fighting it off for the last 6 weeks, Morning Sickness has finally won. This morning, about 5 minutes out, I make Daryl pull over. Luckily, he picks a place with a grassy hill. I fall on all fours (Not hard or bad since it is a hill) and Morning Sickness does her worst. But now I feel better.... sort of.... so I guess it isn't as bad as I had been dreading it to be. Daryl said he is sure the cars that drove by thought "that lady in the pin striped suit must have partied hard this weekend." Daryl was the trooper. He came over and held my hair (which thank God I just had cut so it is the perfect length to not get in the way) and he rubbed my back. So note to self: if I feel rough in the morning, just let it happen... better at home than on the side of the road in a business suit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Yikes! Well I'm sorry that happened, but at least you weren't driving, right? I can already tell Daryl is going to be a great daddy ; )
HI Lori, welcome to the world of being pregnant.Sorry you had a bad morning especially on the side of the road. I knew before the doctors did since withing 2 weeks I started. But I have to say I loved being pregnant so cherish every day. We are so happy for you and Daryl, Mom told me you got the card. Linda can't wait to shop for that new grandbaby. Hope we get to see you all the next time we come up to GA. Any time you all want to visit Fl. you have a place to stay here.
Man oh man! I would have paid to have seen that! Sorry I am just kidding! This is good though -- you sound like you have it lots worse than I do -- sounds like a little girl to me!!! You will be feeling better soon -- Give it about 5 more weeks!!! Love you guys!!!
I am so glad Daryl was driving you and you weren't alone. You will feel better in a few weeks. Like Carole, I loved being pregnant, too. It is so wonderful to feel your little one kicking you in the stomach (really!!) and it is the only time you can be fat and it's ok LOL. Love to you both. See you soon.
Mom
I am so sorry about the sickness, but I have always heard that the worse you feel in the beginning the easier it is in delivery and it is a very healthy baby. Old Tale I am sure, but it is something to hold on to when you feel like crap.
Hi,
I have been lurking your blog for a bit. I hope this helps but I tried "sea bands" and they worked for me. Maybe it was psychological but who cares, right? Also, there are these things called Preggie Pops that you can buy at Babies R Us and Motherhood Maternity (those were the only places I saw them). They helped me through the rougher parts of the morning. Mine went away around 13-14 weeks hopefully yours will too. The first time you feel the baby move you'll never even think about the nausea again! Good Luck
You look great, I can see you are growing. Looking forward to hearing what the sex is of the baby so I can start shopping. Glad the morning sickness is over for you. I craved strawberries and pound cake with my first. This site is great keeping everyone up to date. Have a great weekend.
Carole
Post a Comment