How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day - and a Mother's FAIL

So we had an awesome Mother's Day - once again thanks to my wonderful hubby who planned the day and my kids and other fellas in our lives that assisted.  Every year, Daryl cooks a wonderful meal, the kids escort the moms to the table, take our order (off a printed menu) and serve us.  We don't lift a finger.  This year, Daryl's Bro-&-Family joined us so David & the boys helped in serving.  Daryl interviewed J & E about each of the moms and printed out the interesting answers.  It was really fun!









My unofficial gift - the DIY screened-in-porch is almost done!!!  Daryl has done an awesome job on it!

Cason had his 9 month check up.  He is 21 lbs and 28 in.  The runt of my group when they were that age... probably because he hates baby food.... see!!!


And my mom FAIL.... Well, actually I fell.  



I was walking around the front of the van at a restaurant, and there were two sets of curbs, one road color, one bright yellow.... I SAW the yellow ones.   I hit the invisible one, tried to regain my balance, and then hit the yellow one.  Hit knee, elbow then baby.  


It was horrible.  I was watching him when he hit and there was nothing I could do.  I was by myself with all 3 kids waiting on Daryl & his boss to meet us for dinner and he was still 40 minutes away, stuck in traffic.  The elder kids were GREAT!  They did everything I asked the second I asked.  They cried and screamed "Is he going to die?!?!"  But beyond that, they held it together.  Jamie cried "I wish daddy was here, he would know what to do!"  and I agreed 100%!  We go in the restaurant and they are very helpful.  I ask them to see if there is a nurse or doctor dining (We are 5 minutes from Kennestone Hospital) but there were only 3 other diners... I turn to look at the door, and in walks a lady in scrubs!  She is  a CNA, but an assistant is better than no nurse at all, and she says he looks ok, so Daryl *(via phone) and I decide to meet at his Mom's house which is close by, drop off the kids with her, and take Cason to the Emergency Room.  After CT Scan on him and X-rays of my knee and elbow, we were cleared to go.  Thank God, nothing was broken on either of us and we did learn that Cason's ventricles are normal (whew!).  
Thursday:

Friday, however, I start thinking something isn't right with Cason.  He is more swollen and red in places he wasn't injured.

 Call it mom's intuition or guilt.  Either way, I took him to the doctor after a neighbor said that I should maybe go in case of cellulitis.  She was spot on.  He has Cellulitis.  So one shot of antibiotic later, we are headed to pick up 10 days of antibiotic.  He looks SO much better today (Saturday)

The redness has gone and the swelling is greatly reduced.  Hopefully his booboos will be gone in a few days.  Poor guy.  
I'm healing up.  Have a mystery bruise on my other knee.  Weird. 

No comments: