Welcome Home Cason!
(Cason at 1 week)
Little man has fit right in at the Partin household. And he is held... like, a LOT.
Aunt Deeshia
Uncle David
Cousin Chase
Cousin Caleb
Nernie and her great-grandsons
He is doing really well so far. He is SOOOO small compared to how the other two were. Nernie bought him more clothes because he also had a nasty tendency of leaking out of EVERY SINGLE DIAPER so I was literally doing laundry every day. Now that is circ has healed, the leaking has stopped.... but now he spits up. oy vey. He really doesn't cry much. He cries when he has a dirty diaper, you put him in his car seat, or he is hungry. And so far that is it. The other two would cry because they felt moved to do so. He kinda likes his paci.... he isn't quite sure about it. He does NOT like it at night. He wants the real deal. Bedtime is the roughest time for him and I knew it would be because while putting Evan to bed, Cason would be doing back-flips in my tummy. He is WIDE AWAKE come 9:30. And out of sorts and just wants to nurse.... and nurse.... and nurse.... But he sleeps for three, 4 hour stretches once he DOES fall asleep which is way better than the other 2 did, so I can't begrudge him an hour or so of hissy-fit time. He is still asleep most of the day and has at least one long nap in the middle of the day (which is coinciding with Evan's nap today, which is why I am blogging). During is morning alert time, he loves to watch Jamie & Evan play. They will come up to him and pet him and rub noses with him and just love on him. Evan will sing him songs and whispers that he loves him and "mommy has you". So sweet. Jamie is his second mommy and takes really good care of him. She really is an amazing little helper. When it comes to Cason, anything I ask gets done immediately. I wish Cason wanted the playroom picked up.
I'm feeling pretty good, now that we are slightly over a week from delivery. I developed a lovely UTI from the cath but meds are a wonderful thing. I'm hoping to start walking some next week. Nursing is going exceptionally well. After just over 3 years of nursing, I think I've finally figured it out and it doesn't really hurt this time.... either that or I've developed calluses.... can you get calluses there??? I've lost 19 lbs so far so only 16 to go. I'm hoping nature & nursing take a few more of those off WITHOUT me having to workout. It would be nice to not have to WORK at losing a ton of lbs, because that's just hard! ;-) But work I shall, because Daryl & I are planning to run another marathon in the Spring. Oh goodness.
ROAR!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment