How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

A verbal update

So blogger won't let me upload pictures (which is why I've been delayed in the first place) so I will take this opportunity to give an update on Jamie beyond pictures.
  • She had her two year check up and is 29 lbs 31 in (but when I measured her at home, she was closer to 33 - she did NOT like them measuring her).
  • She LOVES to sing, dance, color, and play with her baby dolls and Wonder Pets toys.
  • She knows most of the alphabet and is starting to understand that numbers equate amounts and will try to count things.
  • She can draw faces - eyes, nose, mouth, then a ring around it all for the head, then ears, hair and the occasional hat.
  • She loves playing with her Geo Trax train my dad bought her for Christmas and the food set Santa brought her. You "cut" the wooden food that is pre sliced and held together with Velcro.
  • She is in the "What's that?" phase and asks it about everything and pretty much remembers what we tell her and will bring it up later when quizzed.
  • If she could be anywhere, it would be outside. And now that she has her own roller skates and has experienced the speed of it all with Daryl wearing his roller blades and scooting her along, she is HOOKED.
  • She loves everyone to sing when she sings and will point to you until you do.
  • The phrases I hear the most are: "Don't worry mommy, I help you." "I do it!" "Try again" "That's Silly/Funny/Fun!" "Oh my goodness." "I watch Cartoon?" "Mommy, we go playroom play Wonder Pets?"
  • Potty training is going VERY well. She will tell me every time for #2 and will tell me #1 when we are away from home (mostly because she likes checking out the sinks at different places). At home, it is more us just putting her on the potty regularly, but she will tell us about twice a day when she needs to go while at home.
  • She loves animals and is obsessed with the Wonder Pets.... like, I think she needs a support group. :-)
  • She is very polite and says please, thank you, no thanks & your welcome pretty much all the time.
  • She is very sweet and gives great hugs and kisses and likes to fall asleep rubbing my arm.
  • When she wakes up from her naps, she likes to snuggle, which I LOVE and just eat that time up. She will rub my face and say "I wuv you mommy." and give me a big smooch and make the "MMmmmmMwah!" sound.
On the hubby front, he is training for his first Marathon (The Disney one) and we are really excited about that. Looking forward to taking Jamie again (who am I kidding, I can't wait to go for me, either!). I'm very proud of him. He has worked so hard. I'm very impressed.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm impressed that you keep up with all of this! LOL I sat here reading and thinking about Marleigh as I read through your post. You must make good note! :) I know yaul will have a blast at Disney! So excited for you! Marleigh is at a point where she loves characters/people in costume from a distance! When they invade her space she freaks! :) Yaul really need to look into a Disney Cruise soon -- J would LOVE it! We should all plan one together! I am ready to go back! Miss you guys!

Nicole Roberts said...

hey!! i miss you!! i need some updates on baby (big girl) jamie!