How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

19 Months

Wow.... time has flown by! I can't believe Jamie is 19 months... and then some since I'm so tardy in updating the blog. It has been so crazy busy! It's hard for a girl to find a few minutes to relax! But here is Jamie, chillin in her purple shag chair I bought her last week. She is in LOVE! she goes up to it and says "My shair, my shair".
In medical news, Jamie came down with the same spots on her belly that she had a 15 months and the docs all thought was break through chicken pox. Well, she had one or two spots here and there since then and after her last cold she had a full on breakout. As soon as her 20+ spots would heal, another batch would pop up.
I took her to her doc and he suggested the derm. After a culture and $75 worth of cream, the test came back that she had a bacterial skin infection! So after 7 days of antibiotic, she is all clear now. I am just glad to know what it was and now it is gone. Poor baby - almost 4 months of that. But onto better things.
Jamie is growing like a weed. She is slimming down and getting taller. She is still in her wardrobe (and swimsuits) from last summer so sometimes it pays to have a chubby 7 month old. haha.
She has gained a SUPER interest in coloring, so we bought her a coloring book today. She has been "creating art" this evening and had a meltdown when I took her "colors" away. But it was great because the crayons have helped to make the colors click, because she was having trouble telling colors apart, because I don't think she was understanding the concept, that when we say a color, it isn't the name of the object, but an attribute about it.
Jamie is in LOVE with SuperWHY on GPB. She loves to sing the song at the end of the show. Here is some video of it (of course she won't sing all of the parts she knows because I'm videoing, but she does get a few of the the hoorays). She will sing "hooray" all the time.
She is all about singing these days and will sing right along with you if you start. She is very to the last detail too.... with her leap frog that sings the ABC's, she will even mimic the little giggle he does at the end. So funny. She is also obsessed with doing laundry. She can do everything that her short stature will allow: throw dirty clothes in the washing machine, will put the wet clothes that I hand her into the dryer, will put the dry clothes in the basket, and will push the basket to my bedroom for folding. She can even put a few things in some of the lower drawers. She BEGS to do laundry, so I have done a lot of small loads here lately.

3 comments:

Devin said...

Um...she can come to my house if she needs more laundry to do!! Hope you're doing well - and so sorry I haven't been in touch lately. CRAZY busy at work. Jamie is too cute - as usual!!

melanie said...

19 months....I can't believe it! She is so cute and getting so tall.

Anonymous said...

David likes to help me do laundry too, but it is more about watching the washer start/clothes go round and round! He also likes SuperWhy too, but I think he now likes Special Agent Oso (which comes on the Disney channel at the same time) better.

I can't believe Jamie will be two in Five short months!!!