Wednesday, March 25, 2009
Potty - Peek - Potty
So Jamie has started doing a new thing this week when she goes potty: She will start the stream a going (and say "Zzzz" at the same time - my fault there) and I will applaud, she smiles, stands up, looks at what she has done, sits down, and finishes. At least I know she has good bladder control to be able to stop half way to check out her progress. So funny!!! She is so nosy! Many people have suggested giving her a treat when she goes, but she LOVES toilet paper so when she goes, I let her roll out a few sheets and she is SOOO excited! Thank goodness because TP is cheaper than snacks!
And to answer any questions - no, she does not tell me when she needs to go. I just have to ask her often and she will either say No or won't say anything - when she doesn't say anything, that means she needs to go. She can say Yes, she just doesn't WANT to go potty and she hasn't grasped the concept of lying yet. :-)
I also tracked her diapers for a few days so I have a general idea of when she WILL go potty and I just try to get her on the potty at those times. - I don't even ask in the morning or after a nap because if I say "potty" she will start going in her diaper - we do not pass go - we go straight to the potty because she is about to pop when she first wakes up.
If I ever ask her and she says No - I don't make her go... she is still little and I don't want her to hate the potty. Right now she is cool with it so that is good enough for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
To answer your question on my blog...the potty training isn't going for us right now. I haven't even really tried it since our one successful attempt. He still just doesn't seem ready...and since he's a boy, we were really not planning to start trying until the summer when we were both home and could enforce it. Sounds like Jamie is doing great. I bet she's fully trained in no time!
I couldn't find your e-mail to respond to my comment - we talked about donor Breast Milk, but because of his acid reflux that wouldn't work either - the dr asked me to stop BF at 4 months, weird I know. He has only been allergic to one formula, the others just hurt his tummy or make him spit up WAY TOO MUCH.
He seems to be doing good with the soy, but is spitting up because it is so thin. We are now adding rice ceral and he is back on the Axid. Day Care said they did notice a HUGE improvement ... maybe we found it - we will see!
Thanks for the suggestion ... I wish it would work - I wish I would not have had to give it up either!
Now onto your post - TOO CUTE!!! Zzzz that is great - and the tp thing - that is great too - snacks not only are $$$ but not good for the figure - haha Tatum will potty on the potty at home if we ask her, but wont go at school ... maybe soon!
Congrats to you and Jamie. Evan has no interest, still!
Post a Comment