How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

15 Month Check-up

27 lbs (95% - YAY she is finally on the charts!)

31 in (75%)


She had 4 shots today and was NONE too happy with them. It was very dramatic.

In other developmental news, Jamie knows 57 words (Blame Nicole for posting a list of Walker's words because I totally stole the idea from her!)

We inadvertently started potty training this week. 2 weeks ago I brought out her potty to get her used to the idea of it being around and she immediately went over to it with a book and sat down and started reading.... backwards. So Close! The next week I started sitting her on the potty (forwards, mind you) right before time to put on PJs, and 3 of the 5 times, she went in the potty, then on the 5th day, she grabbed her bottom right before nap time so I asked her "do you want to go potty?" and she started clapping her hands. I sat her on the potty and she did #2 so I figured, what the hey, let's give this a try and yesterday she went in her potty 4 times for #1 and 1 time for #2. so YAY Jamie! Today she has gone once so far, but that is more me than her because we were out a lot today and I haven't asked her about going. So we'll see how this goes. I'm not pushing it since she is young yet and I don't want to stress her out over it... no need for performance anxiety already!!!

She has had two play dates now and one birthday party with a precious little girl that lives up the street that just turned 2. They have so much fun together. It is so cute to watch them interact. And it helps that her mom is totally cool too (we hang out a lot outside of play-date-land, so it was about time we had the girls get together!) - this is the best picture I could get of them - like hearding kittens!!!

I know I'm probably leaving out a ton of stuff.... she is just so much fun to be around and has a great sense of humor. I love to take her out and watch her interact with people. She loves sucking in people with that big smile of hers and the wrinkled little nose. We laugh and say "she's caught another one - REAL 'EM IN!" She is just becoming a fun little toddler. I love being her mommy!!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, I am jealous of your potty training success. Keep up the good work, Jamie! Evan refuses but boys will be boys!

MBKimmy said...

Tatum seems ready to Potty train but at school they don't have a potty in the room until 2 so we are stuck working on it at home then a week of nothing ... kinda sets us back. So glad she has a fun playdate around the corner - makes life more fun!

Nicole Roberts said...

She is such a big girl. So cute, as always! She's still bigger than Walker. Way to go on potty training. We've had NO success. He just isn't anywhere close to ready. It sounds like she's doing great. Oh...and I enjoyed your reference to my list of words. Fun. :)