How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Gift of Golf... and LOOK! A Turtle!

For my Dad's Father's Day gift, I gave him a gift certificate for a round of golf with me. He cashed in his gift yesterday. We had a great time! Here we are before heading out. At the 9th hole, I remembered I had my camera so I started taking pictures - glad we played 18 holes! Dad behind the wheel. I swear the golf cart is half the fun! Dad made an awesome shot on this hole... he was lying 1 on a par 3, just off the green. He pitched up, hit the flag, and IN went the ball for birdie! It's always nice when you don't have to putt! Here I am driving away... And an action shot of dad... right as the ball is leaving the tee. I was impressed that I caught the ball on film! We had a GREAT time playing golf together. We haven't been since I was in college, so needless to say, I didn't have the best score, but it was more about the company than the game.
.
.
Then the Turtle Came! Last night, Daryl looked out our bay window and saw something against the fence... it was a HUGE box turtle. So of course he went and grabbed it and we got Jamie's future sandbox ready for it to live in for a little while so we could take some pictures of it.
Daryl with his prize turtle. We let if go later that evening with the help of some neighbor kids... Good luck out there Mr. Turtle!

5 comments:

Nicole Roberts said...

You look so cute playing golf. That looks way fun!!

The Brooks Family said...

Fun fun fun!!! I'm glad you were able to spend some time with your Dad. Aren't those just the best days. I still get so excited about going fishing with my Dad. Scott takes me golfing with him quite often. I don't play. But, I have loads of fun sitting in the golf cart reading a magazine and cheering for him =)
You look great by the way!

MBKimmy said...

Golf - now that is something I can't do - I like to try but I really am NO GOOD! haha

Hope the turtle makes it!

Jessica, JB & Ryleigh said...

I do not like golf... I dont know why just never have :)! But you look good doing it....

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you play golf-awesome! Jamie certainly has the sports gene ; )