How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy 5 month Birthday!

Jamie is 5 months today, and to celebrate, she gave mommy & daddy a gift.... she slept in her room from 9:30 to 4:00 last night!!! I know I said yesterday that I was going to try to feed her and put her back in her crib, but since she added 2+ hours to her night last night, I figured "why push it." She came in our room at 4:00 and slept until 7:00. . I feel SOOO rested! Of course, we didn't go to sleep until 11:00 because we kept checking on her - I went in one time, and she had put her sheet over her head which of course freaked me out... which it shouldn't because what I'm using to swaddle her (yes, she still has to be swaddled to sleep) shouldn't even be classified as a blanket, it is more like a sturdy spider web. I folded it as many times as I could and I could still breath through it...yea, it is THAT "hole-y" but still... I woke up a 2:00 freaked out because she hadn't woken up for her 1:45 feeding. Then I did the same at 3:00, but she was just snoozing away. . Of course I had to get up at 3:20 and pump.... she had not eaten on one side in 9 hours - OUCH! (she only takes one side before she goes to bed). And by the time I was done, she was starting to stir. She finally woke up at 4:00 and took care of the other side which had been going strong for 6 hours and wasn't too comfy either. Ahh the joys of adapting to new eating schedules. .
And what did she do one hour later after ALL of this sleeping?

SNOOZING IN THE SWING!!! Go figure.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Yea Jamie!!! Good job! I am still swaddling Marleigh too. I am not sure how to get of that -- Davis never really cared to be swaddled. I didn't like the new sleep positioner that I bought at Target for Marleigh. So I broke down and bought one just like Davis had yesterday. It is much more sturdy. So I am hoping to get her good and use to sleeping in her bed and then instead of swaddling her and putting a wrap around her to hold her snug in her positioner that I will just do the wrap around the positioner. See "Knowin the Rowans" on my blog page. Their little girl has just recently given up the swaddle. I'm afraid Marleigh may get addicted as well! ;) The joys of motherhood! Kiss J for me!

MBKimmy said...

Good job! I was amazed at how many time I woke to check on Tatum when she first started sleeping through the night! It was crazy! Good luck, and I hope see keeps it up!

Chris said...

HAPPY FIVE MONTHS JAMIE!!

Linds swaddled til almost 6 months too. She always Houdini'd out of half of it around this time though. I think around 7 months I finally got rid of the sleep positioner and we started putting her to sleep on her belly b/c she slept better that way and ended up there anyhow. Yep, you're in for some changing times now...it all sort of switches gears around 6-8 months. She's SOOOO CUTE!