How old is Jamie?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

How old is Evan?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

How old is Cason?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

gimme gimme!

So Jamie has begun reaching for EVERYTHING! As I type this, she is attacking the keyboard. It started full force yesterday. She reaches for everything that comes in her path and if it is small enough, she picks it up and shakes the living daylights out of it. If it is too big, she just pats it.
.
Tummy time has come to a screeching halt... EVERY time I put her on her belly, she rolls over. I put her back on her tummy, she rolls again. She rolled 10 times today until I gave up on tummy time. Any advice? She will never learn to crawl at this rate... I think she will just go straight to walking.
.
Bed time is going pretty good. She has not returned to our room since the second night that we started putting her in the Crib (so the last night with us was the 20th). Last night was close. She went down at 9:30 and woke up at 2:00 for her middle of the night feeding. I didn't get back to bed until 4:22... ouch. I fed her on one side, she went to sleep, woke up when she hit the mattress. Fed the other side, same thing - it was 3:00 at this point. I REFUSED to bring her to our room and start the cycle all over again so I rocked, and rocked, and rocked until we were both asleep. Thankful when I put her down then, she stayed asleep. She slept until 7:30, which was fine by me. So I think she is cool with her crib now, she just had a REALLY long nap yesterday evening which sabotaged our night.
.
But yesterday was a great day because we went to see my grandparents. We haven't seen them since Feb. so you KNOW they were happy to see Miss J! My grandmother cooked lunch for us, but I should really call it Thanksgiving because it was a SPREAD! It was so good. She sure can cook!!! We had leftovers at my parents today and it was still good. It was so nice to see them and for my grandmom to get some good Jamie loving. She only gets babies once ever 28 years, (I'm an only child, and my mom is an only child - and we both had our daughters at 28) so you know she was having a blast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool you and your mom both had your baby girls at the same age! Btw, is that a subtle hint that you won't be having any more?

I'd say you're finished with Tummy Time. She will start crawling from the sitting position.

MBKimmy said...

Tummy time is NOW over if she is rolling over, and honestly I thought the same exact thing ... but you will see she will be crawling soon ... don't push her you will be sad when she starts! haha It all happens in due time ... next is sitting up by herself as soon as Tatum started being able to puch her self onto her butt it was all over ...


Love reading your updates!

So neat that you and your mom onlyies (is that a word?) I agree with Andrea ... is that a hint?!

Chris said...

She is so cute! Such a happy baby! I can't help but smile when I look at her! Glad you had a good visit and don't worry about the rolling. She'll be figuring out how to get around "her way" really soon here. Get ready! There will be no more leaving her one place and finding her in the same place when you turn back around. LOL! All part of the fun though!

The Brooks Family said...

I love reading your blog updates. They make my baby fever even worse though! Sounds like Jamie is doing great! And she sure is a cutie pie! I'm glad that you are enjoying motherhood so much. Take care!

Anonymous said...

That pic of Jamie is Cute! Love the green on her. I thought the same thing when I had Maddie and she started rolling over. She'll learn fast enough and then you'll be in for it.....cause she is going to be into EVERYthing!!! Hee hee!

The Partins said...

We HAVE to have another baby...and it has to be a girl and has to be born in December because I have WAY too many clothes to not use again!!! :-) But seriously, I think one more for sure, maybe more depending on what's left of my hair after the first 2. :-)

Anonymous said...

Jamie is such a doll! That outfit is great on her. You better watch out mommy, once the crawling starts she will really be reaching everything!